Data Entry and Fulfillment Specialist (Payroll & Tax)
Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
A successful Data Entry and Fulfillment Specialist (Payroll & Tax) at Wurk will Successfully prepare and deliver tax and payroll check packages for clients and convert data for new business from client systems to Kronos, usually with Excel, sometimes with manual data entry. The right candidate will identify new opportunities to drive growth and build upon the Wurk brand.
What you’ll need to accomplish:
- Fulfillment for payroll and tax checks including processing, printing, packaging, and shipping to multiple destinations.
- The building of process and procedure around timely fulfillment.
- Working with the implementation team to convert data from various client system sources into Excel and Kronos.
- Working with equipment vendors to maintain smooth operation of fulfillment machinery including but not limited to MICR and standard printers, mail machines, and pressure sealers.
- Document procedures and processes and train other staff to create functional redundancy.
What you’ll need to have:
- The highest level of education required HS Diploma
- Intermediate Excel skills and aptitude in MS Office
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and climb stairs, reliable transportation
- 5 years work in an office environment
- Some college, advanced Excel, Smartsheets, equipment troubleshooting preferable
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading the industry.
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Dog-Friendly Workspace
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Due to our small size and the abundance of Denver-based applicants in this 2% unemployment market, we will not be facilitating any relocation and will only be contacting local talent at this time. If you live in Denver and want to work in the heart of the city, we want to meet you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.