Customer Experience Specialist - Accounting at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero's Customer Experience Team is made up of product experts, based in NZ, AU, US and UK, who work together to provide 24/7 support to Xero users. We aim to delight our customers and make it easy for them to see how Xero adds value to their business.
As a CX Accounting specialist, you will be investigating and responding to queries sent in by customers when they encounter issues with our software, or just need a helping hand to get something done. Through written replies and outbound phone calls, we aim to give each customer prompt, customized, and easy-to-understand information about using Xero, in order to help their business thrive. No two days at Xero will be quite the same. As you build your knowledge and confidence, there will be opportunities to upskill and specialize in the support of additional areas of our software. This role requires accounting experience.
What you'll do
- Effective resolution and prioritization of customer support requests relating to our accounting software within our targeted initial response times, quality, and productivity expectations
- Maintain a high quality of customer interaction and support via both email and phone to either resolve the issue or request further information/clarification regarding their query
- Maintain a high quality of written communication in an agreed style and format
- Collaborate with team members to provide high quality customer experience
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Xero customer experience, including internal processes and the Xero application functionality
- Problem solving for technical issues using a variety of resources and team collaboration
- Other Accounting and Product Support related tasks
Success looks like
- Regularly demonstrating Xero's core values - Human, Team, Challenge, Ownership, and Beautiful
- Timely, accurate, and helpful responses to customer support cases as per the agreed targets
- Able to meet deliverable expectations to drive #beautiful customer experience outcomes while servicing high customer demand
- Efficient escalation of priority issues to assist in prompt case resolution
- Provide feedback on processes and product improvements to the CX Management Team
What you'll bring with you
- Proven experience in accounting, understanding of accounting principles, and/or prior working with accounting software (i.e. accounting degree or business degree with significant accounting classes, experience as a user of Xero or equivalent product, experience as an accountant or bookkeeper)
- Experience within a customer service environment is preferred
- Experience in a small business is desirable
- Experience working in collaborative, people-first (ie. customers, peers, and others) environments
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $48,000 - $53,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary. This role is non-exempt and candidates must be available to start February 7th, 2022 .
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.