Credit Risk Operations at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We are seeking folks who are highly motivated to help build a robust credit program to minimize risk at Gusto when a customer defaults on their account. As a Credit Risk Analyst, you will be a part of the Risk Operations team delivering a world class customer experience and being responsible for helping to make Gusto the safest and most secure payroll solution.
Risk Operations is at the core of our business and our team is a key stakeholder in company decisions and operations. We currently process +$10bn of payroll annually, but with your help, we will process more in a safe and sustainable way. We are a small, close, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Protecting Assets. You are our internal police force - identify and mitigate credit loss from those abusing our system/pose a credit risk by monitoring and investigating accounts.
- Solve puzzles. Be a subject matter expert in how Gusto’s systems work and how money moves through our system. Come up with innovative methods to identify trends and patterns to support collection efforts.
- Operate cutting-edge tools. Scope and drive continual enhancements to our systems and processes to identify and eliminate credit risky behaviors.
- Work closely with key stakeholders. Work cross-functionally with internal teams, our customers, and external partners
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. 1-3 years of experience in banking or financial-related field, risk management, detection and/or investigation.
- Thought Process. An insatiable appetite for operational excellence, knack for structured thinking, ability to spot unusual patterns, and sharp attention to detail.
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, and does the right thing every time.
- Discipline. Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process and policy oriented.
- Attitude. Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, operationally focused and results-oriented work environment. Communicates well with others.
- Background. Minimum four year accredited university/college degree.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.