Country Finance Manager (FP&A) - US at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As the Country Finance Manager for the US, you will oversee all aspects of the finance function within the country with a focus on optimizing business results. You will sit on the country GTM exec team (mostly Director level) and contribute as a peer leader, and not just as a finance professional. We are seeking a remarkable individual to leverage their strong financial, analytical and communication skills to become the go-to expert on all things finance for the United States. You will be the key owner of the planning, forecasting, analysis and internal reporting of the country's financial performance. You will help ensure resources are effectively aligned to drive exceptional performance, provide a clear view and understanding of results and produce insights into likely future performance. You will use your robust financial skills along with your highly honed communication style to effectively support senior leaders and help drive optimized economic results.
What you'll do
Planning/Forecasting (Expense & Revenue)
You will work with Global teams to help set long term performance aspirations and supporting growth strategies. You will then partner with the country leadership team to drive the annual planning process, making sure there is a realistic connection between resourcing levels, historical performance and expected product deliveries in order to develop a thoughtful growth plan. Throughout the year you will produce forecasts to highlight risks and opportunities to that plan and present recommendations for the quarterly re-plan process of ways to refine and optimize that annual plan.
Reporting, Analysis and Recommendation (Expense & Revenue)
Own the creation and refinement of the monthly reporting package, and present findings and insights to various levels within the organization (country team, regional, finance reviews, etc). Provide thoughtful actionable recommendations to address any material variances from the plan.
Deal Review and Approvals
You will maintain, improve, and operate the in-country deal review process. Work closely with the sales team to build financial models for all bespoke deals and help shape the deals to fit within acceptable financial frameworks. Liaise with the global deal desk to ensure a timely and proper approval process.
Develop strong working relationships with the peer country leaders, key contributors within the country and global functions so that you may effectively inform, advise, and challenge.
Primary Finance Contact for the country
You will be the "go -to" person for all things finance for the country leader and leadership team. You will develop a broad understanding of the global finance function and build key relationships so that you can help the country team interface effectively with the global finance function. Additionally, you will act as the finance lead on any in-country programs with material financial impact such as employee benefits strategy planning.
Country Leadership Team Member
Going beyond being just a finance professional, you will sit on the USA GTM Leadership Team as a peer with the other leaders with input on broad management topics.
Regional Finance Functional Ownership: Revenue planning
While your primary responsibility will be the overseeing of the country's financial planning and performance, you will also have a regional (i.e. Americas level) responsibility to create and operationalize the regional level processes for modeling revenue. You will be the regional expert in Anaplan, building supporting models that ensure proposed Budgets and Forecasts are achievable with proper resourcing.
Success looks like
- Our success is measured by the success of those we support, so you must have a strong service perspective
- Regularly demonstrating Xero's core values
- Develop a strong grasp and opinion of all things financial for the country: from annual planning all the way through to reporting out on actuals
- Build deep relationships with the key leaders in the Country leadership team, to enable yourself to effectively influence key decisions with an eye towards optimizing performance
- Effectively model out revenue based on the core operations in GTM, and spread that knowledge across the America's region
What you'll bring with you - Experience
- 10+ years of progressive FP&A experience in a high growth organization (with several years of revenue analysis/forecasting in a recurring revenue model highly desired)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required. CPA and/or MBA is strongly recommended
- Experience with a top Investment bank, Consulting or Accounting firm and/or a hyper growth SaaS company is also highly desired
What you'll bring with you - Critical Competencies
- An innate drive to make things better: you will constantly be frustrated with the status quo and looking for ways to make things better
- Track record of prioritizing and running multiple projects and priorities with tight deadlines
- Blackbelt level Excel talents are a given. You know your way around a spreadsheet and build robust tools and processes to automate much of your work
- Highly effective communicator. You can quickly shift from technical financial modeling/analysis to building presentations with effective narratives. (i.e You have built a lot of Powerpoint decks for senior audiences)
- Intellectually curious. You possess an innate desire to learn and aim to make processes and systems more accurate and efficient
- Well-rounded human being. One of Xero's core values is allowing space for us to be Humans. You will be an amazing financial professional, but you also must be compassionate, emphatic and have a great sense of humor
- Highly detail oriented
- Superpower level relationship building skills
When submitting your application, please include a Cover Letter that is non-formal, let us get an understanding of who you are beyond your resume, and why this position is built for you. Specifically answer this question in your cover letter: Describe a situation in your life when you felt most proud, and why?
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $120,000 - $150, 000 USD commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.