Corporate Development Associate at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
About this role
The corporate development team works cross-functionally to help achieve Invitae’s mission by enabling inorganic growth. We focus on evaluating and executing acquisitions, investments, and strategic partnerships. We are also responsible for all aspects of post-acquisition integration. The team is small and works closely with Invitae’s management team and other senior leaders across the organization to execute an aggressive M&A strategy that is core to Invitae’s future growth. We are scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are seeking a highly analytical and driven Corporate Development Associate to join the team.
As a Corporate Development Associate, you will contribute to all aspects of Invitae’s M&A activities – strategy formation, developing business cases, and deal execution. This includes researching and generating acquisition and partnership ideas, developing financial models to evaluate opportunities, assisting with due diligence activities, and creating and presenting strategic recommendations. We are a lean team, and you will play a critical role across the entire M&A process.
- Research industry and competitive landscape to identify compelling opportunities
- Engage with internal business leaders to evaluate trends and potential targets
- Build complex financial models to assess the impact of potential acquisitions and other strategic opportunities
- Assist in coordinating due diligence reviews of key targets
- Work closely with the integration team to support integration planning and execution
- Work with cross-functional groups within Invitae (including Legal, Finance / Accounting, Product & technology, Sales) to plan, prioritize, and execute projects on time and in line with top quality standards
- Create materials and develop communications to provide regular updates to the leadership team on progress, key decisions, and major risks / issues that need to be resolved
- Work closely with the rest of the Corporate Development team to support all ongoing efforts
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading institution with a strong track record of academic performance
- 3-4 years of experience in top-tier investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, private equity or corporate development in a transaction-oriented company
- Strong financial modeling skills, with an ability to identify, structure and solve business problems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Team player
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity, a strong desire to learn, and passion for creating an excellent work product
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing deadlines
- Passion for healthcare and working in a mission-driven company
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.