Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Analyst plays a critical role in buy-side and sell-side M&A process, working with cross-functional teams across Zayo to conduct due-diligence and build analysis that support decision making on transactions involving large sums of cash. The role requires an individual who is comfortable working with raw, complex financial data and converting it into a simple format for key decision-makers to process. This function is one of the most highly visible and mission-critical roles at Zayo; as such, we are looking for an intelligent, motivated financial analyst who can hit the ground running and add immediate value.
- Work across numerous teams and functions in order to prepare in-depth analysis, presentations and highly complex financial models (ie DCF, LBO) to support acquisitions and divestitures
- Work and coordinate due-diligence of buy-side acquisition targets, organizing logistics, interfacing with investors, consultants, accountants and bankers to complete in-depth assessments of deals on typically compressed execution timelines
- Serve as a key resource to senior decision-makers in the business
- Assists with special projects in strategy, corporate finance & treasury
- Other financial/operational analysis and duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other degree requiring analytical aptitude.
- 1-3 years of analyst experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Public Accounting
- Experience with telecom or analogous recurring revenue business preferred
- Strong financial acumen, including knowledge of financial statements – P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow.
- Advanced excel/spreadsheet user – including DCF/LBO models, pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs & sumproducts.
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint required, familiarity with Salesforce highly desired, but not required.
- Critical thinker who holds efficiency in the highest regard.
- Self-starter but able to collaborate across teams company wide.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload: role requires working extended hours (evenings and weekends, when necessary) to achieve results in a deadline driven environment.
- High energy and motivation; commitment to learning and having fun in an often stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation
- Base salary range: $65,785-$71,719
- Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave