What we do
We build products for the next financial system. As the first company in Colorado history to receive a state grant for blockchain technology, we are building the pipes now, the roads in the years to come, and the scaffolding for the next few decades.
Our first product, Relay, is a wallet-to-wallet decentralized trading platform. Since launch in late 2017, we’ve helped users from over 150 countries around the world trade more than $200m worth of tokens. But, we’re just getting started. With our $10m Series A funding closed we’re ready to grow the team and pursue new product opportunities.
What you’ll do
As a Corporate Counsel you’ll be managing the company’s external counsel relationships (corporate, employment, securities, etc) and supporting multiple product teams with regulatory research, guidance, and strategic positioning. Ideally, you have 3+ years of experience architecting compliance programs with the SEC, OFAC, FinCEN, or FINRA.
Like the early day of the Internet or crowd-funding, blockchain technology faces complex legal and regulatory questions. But, like so many attorneys before you, you must lean into the complexity and help this technology find a path forward.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Strong opinions on regulatory strategies and compliance
- General expertise in corporate law, securities law, and venture capital financings
- J.D. or LLM from an accredited U.S. school of law, or equivalent degree from an accredited school of law in another country. Qualification to practice in at least one U.S. state and a member of a US bar association.
What you’ll get
- Competitive compensation, stock options, and fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Four weeks flexible vacation and 11 paid holidays
- An opportunity to put a dent in the universe