Corporate Controller at Billtrust
The Corporate Controller (SEC) will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, external SEC reporting, audit, technical accounting, and internal control policies and procedures. The controller will lead a group of accountants and other professionals to ensure transparency in the company's Financial Statements to be filed with the SEC and other parties. Corporate Controller responsibilities also include working with the Finance and company leadership with preparing presentations and other materials for investors.
- Planning, directing and guiding the company’s Accounting and SEC reporting functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Works on complex issues related to financial reporting, both internal and external
- Collaborate with senior management across the organization to identify and resolve significant accounting and reporting topics in contracts and agreements
- Act as the advisor for senior management’s compliance with required GAAP, US SEC, EU, and other regulatory filings
- Collaborate with Financial Operations Controller for treasury, tax and equity related functions.
- Managing activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Guides the Accounting team, facilitating change management leadership and recommendations for implementing new processes
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting systems, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or higher, with knowledge of US GAAP
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with some public accounting experience preferred
- Requires a CPA and knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to collaborate and provide guidance, direction and documentation
- Ability to synthesize business information and make judgements as to the appropriateness of financial and accounting decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills for collaboration internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills for managing multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills and proven success working in other financial software
- Well-honed attention to detail to ensure completion and accuracy on all tasks and projects
- An ability to resolve issues as they arise and utilize forward-thinking to generate process
improvements, as needed
- Technology or software company experience a plus
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.