PositionCharter & Experience
As an integral member of the Vertafore senior leadership teamreporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller is responsible for leading all accountingand financial reporting activities for the Company, a leading multibilliondollar privately-held Software as a Service (SaaS) provider to the insuranceindustry.
Well-qualified candidates will have served in the seniormostleadership role over one or more large accounting organizations (staff of 20 orgreater) within enterprises generating revenue in excess of $100 million peryear. Exceptional candidates inAssistant Controller, Divisional Controller, or similar roles within large,well-recognized enterprises may also be considered if they meet allrequirements other than having served as Corporate Controller.
Experience in the SaaS industry, software, or other industryinvolving large transaction volumes of a recurring nature is highly preferable,but exceptional candidates from other industries may also be considered.
Attractive candidates will have backgrounds clearlydemonstrating successful corporate management track records as well asexceptional competency in professional accounting encompassing bothdeep technical financial reporting expertise and significant Controllershipexperience over complex, high-volume transactional accounting operations.
Thesuccessful candidate will embody both the high professional and performancestandards as well as deep personal commitment required to succeed and thrive ina fast-paced, metric-driven, and process-oriented enterprise owned and jointlymanaged by two of the nation's most prolific and successful private equityfirms.
· Overseesall aspects of reporting and operational accounting for the Company, a leadingnational SaaS provider with the sector's largest customer base spanningmultiple products and platforms
· Identifies,implements and oversees the execution of necessary financial processes,policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP and allapplicable tax laws
· Maintainsthe general ledger and all of the Company's financial books and records
· Organizesand drives all closing and consolidation processes, including monthly accountreconciliations, to track and safeguard company assets and to ensure that allfinancial statements and reporting are timely, accurate, and accord with USGAAP
· Servesas the primary interface with external audit firm in the Company's annualfinancial audit
· Optimizesoperational accounting processes by leveraging Salesforce.com and NetSuite toautomate and streamline high volume of recurring revenue and other transactionswithin a controlled, scalable environment
· Drivesfull systems implementation, adoption and continuous improvement across Salesforce.com,NetSuite and other business applications to maximize efficiencies and scalabilityacross accounting function and entire organization
· SupportsHuman Resources in the administration and execution of payroll by coordinatingthe calculation and verification of all variable and discretionary paycomponents inherent in Sales, Senior Management and year-end compensation.
· Partners with FP&A in budgeting, forecasting, and lookbacks
· Recruits, trains and retains a high performing, superblyprofessional accounting department able to assert a positive leadership roleacross the entire organization
· Workswith the Executive Leadership Team and all levels of functional management tocreate an environment conducive to a service-oriented culture and continuousimprovement
Professional and Technical Competencies
· Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including rules specific tosoftware revenue recognition (ideally in a B2B environment), purchaseaccounting, stock compensation, derivatives, foreign subsidiaries, and softwaredevelopment capitalization
· Demonstratedcompetency applying GAAP within complex organizations, including researchingand implementing relevant accounting technical standards, and preparingtechnical accounting memos supporting all accounting positions
· Significant experience interfacing with outside financialauditors
· Significant experience managing accounting operations for large,complex business units generating high transaction volumes across large,national customer bases and multiple product lines
· Demonstrated effective and efficient management of the closingprocess, including the implementation of best practices and the ability toleverage systems to automate processes and financial reporting
Systems and Integrations
· Strong systems background and track record utilizing systems todrive efficiencies and eliminate duplicate/manual processes in a high-volumesubscription and/or transactional environment
· Experience leading assessment, implementation, reimplementation,and modifications to ERPs and CRMs – ideally within Salesforce and NetSuiteenvironments
· Demonstrated success in prior complex ERP migration projects, inboth M&A integration and operational consolidation situations
· Understands general business issues including external factorsthat impact the business and industry.
· Demonstrates the ability to follow sound business ethics whenexecuting job responsibilities to build and maintain management confidence.
· Highly proficient in MS office applications (Word, Excel,Access, PowerPoint) and an ERP system environment
· Organizes and executes personnel management activities fordirect managers including recruiting, performance management, training andcareer development to ensure the attracting and retaining the highest caliberof employees
· Abilityto prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in afast-paced and growth-oriented environment
· Innovative and driven, with a superior ability to execute
· Excellent communication skills; possess the interpersonal andleadership qualities required to continuously motivate and develop theworkforce
· Mature, thoughtful and prudent
· Strong and effective leader and administrator
· Communicative and collaborative
· Accountable and focused on detail
· Candid, honest and forthright
· Strategic with operational foundation
· Creative and Innovative
· Collaborative and team oriented
· Adaptable/Open to Change
Experience & EducationRequirements
· 15+ years of relevant accounting experience
· 5+ years of Controller experience (equivalentexperience as Assistant Controller is large enterprise may also be considered)