Controller/VP Of Accounting
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in brick-and-mortar retail. We call this concept Consumer Experience (“CX”) and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As the Controller you will work closely with senior leadership to strengthen the company’s accounting and operational functions. You will be responsible for managing payables, receivables, payroll, taxes, financial reporting, and provide business support. We are looking for an entrepreneurial team player, with the ability and willingness to roll up their sleeves as needed. A successful candidate will need to be a self-starter who will take the initiative to proactively identify and resolve challenges. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the entire finance function, a passion for the details, and the ability to explain them.
What You Will Do
- Reports to management regarding the finances of the company
- Prepare, develop, and apply accounting policies, procedures, and compliance
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual close, including preparation of financial statements and related variance analysis
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information, controls all changes to the chart of accounts, responsible for P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow impact, A/P and A/R
- Maintains cash flow information to manage and project cash balances with accuracy
- Manage commercial banking relationships. Coordinate and facilitate banking transactions including cash management activities
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations, avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements
- Manage the activities related to external audits and tax preparation
- Provides guidance for creating forecasts and budgets to operations management by collecting analyzing and summarizing account information and trends
- Manage and assist in preparation of interim and annual compensation worksheets for the sales force
- Formulate and recommend policies, procedures and systems of control to ensure accuracy and security of the accounting data
- Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff when and as needed to support Cooler Screens’ growth
- Problem resolution and/or troubleshooting
- Special projects as assigned
Who You Are
- 5-10 years of experience in a senior accounting or financial management role, at least 3 years in a Controller function
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CGMA, CMA, CFA certification, Certified Treasury Professional accreditation, or equivalent
- Mastery of FP&A, accounting, and operational finance processes
- A mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies as well as more established organizations, is strongly desired
- Proven ability to analyze financial reporting and forecast revenues and expense at the corporate level
- Experience partnering with business operations to provide financial insight and develop valuable reporting/metrics
- Strong technology skills with solid knowledge of comprehensive enterprise systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks, and Bill.com
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.