Controller at Reserve Trust
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:41 a.m. (MST) on Sunday, August 15, 2021
About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
As part of the Finance Team of Reserve Trust you’ll play a critical role in providing effective management and leadership of the accounting function. This role will provide leadership and oversight of the accounting function for the company, including internal and external reporting, technical accounting, and internal controls.
This key position will partner and collaborate across the entire organization overseeing all aspects of accounting operations, including timely and accurate month-end accounting close process, preparation of internal management financial reports, and regulatory, tax, and audit filings.
What You’ll Do:
· Oversee the monthly financial statement close process.
· Build a structure for management and regulatory reporting ensuring auditable documentation exists for all supporting records in accordance with GAAP, and research technical accounting issues in support of new business initiatives and new/proposed accounting standards, including revenue recognition.
· Compile and submit the Company's Call Report and other required regulatory filings, and act as key Finance lead with Regulatory agencies and auditors.
· Design, build and maintain process and systems improvements across the financial organization to ensure a strong financial control environment.
· Manage and oversee Reconciliations, A/P, A/R, Cash Posting, Payroll, Customer Billing and Analysis, and Commissions.
· Maintain banking/treasury relationships to ensure positive pay functionality is being properly maintained and monitored, other daily banking activity is processed, posted and reconciled timely, and any chargeback activity is timely dispositioned.
· Build relationships with management of functional areas, including interacting regularly with key stakeholders across the business in areas ranging from operations, sales, human resources, and IT.
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to our Greenwood Village Headquarters
· CPA required.
· 10 plus years of work experience in accounting and finance; banking and trust specific accounting and regulatory experience highly preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related.
· Experience with bank regulatory examiners
· Big 4 experience is a plus.
· Well organized, detailed, analytical individual with the ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting demands.
· Proven leadership and management experience with a passion for team development and collaboration.
· High-level understanding and implementation of internal controls.
· Strong knowledge of financial governance and compliance including GAAP.
· Demonstrated success in building autonomous accounting and finance functions with strict reporting requirements.
· Detail Oriented
· Drives Results
· Communicates Effectively
· Plans and Aligns
· Builds Effective Teams
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Health, dental, vision and life insurance
· FSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $125,000 – 175,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
Read Full Job Description