Controller at Parsyl
Parsyl is an early-stage, venture-backed technology platform that was founded with the mission to improve health and save money by providing a better way to ensure the integrity of sensitive goods as they are shipped around the globe. We do this by combining proprietary sensing devices with powerful predictive data analytics to offer an unprecedented view of quality assurance and risk dynamics.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?” - we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast growing startup, you will lead the accounting function. You are a good fit for this position if:
- you have a background in accounting and you know how to research technical accounting standards, and implement appropriate internal controls, to build an effective accounting function.
- you’re an experienced self-starter, who is excited about joining a fast moving, early stage company, and is eager to learn, conduct industry research and take ownership over projects.
- you’re willing to get your hands dirty in the day to day details of accounting, budgeting and financial reporting.
What You’ll Get to Work On
As the Controller, you’ll be responsible for everything related to the accounting function including overseeing the day to day accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Report to the Director of Operations to provide financial guidance and support for the company’s strategic plans
- Compile and analyze monthly and annual financial statements
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management, board and investors about the financial performance of the company
- Create, review and update accounting policies for complex issues around grants, inventory, and revenue recognition
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Oversee the day to day accounting including month end close, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Oversee payroll and reimbursements
- Work with external public accounting firm to ensure the Company’s tax return is completed accurately and timely
- CPA preferred
- 4-8 years of experience in a combination of public accounting, and industry
- Experience/knowledge in inventory accounting
- Technical knowledge in FASB and IFRS
- Experience or awareness of software-as-a-service business models
Bonus if you have experience/background in:
- Experience in the following industries: insurance, hardware manufacturing, logistics/supply management, or start-up technology
- Experience implementing accounting or ERP software
What We Look For
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to reduce waste and improve health for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your craft and in working hard to bring your designs to fruition.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation