Controller at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
About the Role:
We are searching for a highly motivated Controller to lead a growing team and manage all aspects of the company’s financial statements, including technical accounting analysis, a 4-day monthly close, treasury, and tax compliance. This position reports directly to the VP of Accounting & Finance, with high visibility and interaction with leaders throughout the company.
- Manage accounting operations, including A/R collections, A/P controls, daily bank reconciliations, and flow of transactions in a high-volume environment.
- Coach, inspire, and lead a growing accounting team.
- Manage accuracy of financial statements, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Optimize the monthly the close process, ensuring a 4-day close.
- Create a general ledger accounting structure that scales to accommodate growth in types of clients, transactions, departments, and regions.
- Manage the annual audit, performed by a Big 4 audit firm.
- Manage the company’s credit acceptance and collections policies.
- Assist with tax strategy and filings, including state, federal, and local requirements.
- Perform technical accounting analyses to substantiate proper accounting treatment of various transactions. Includes implementation of ASC 606.
- Identify and lead process improvements and optimization of NetSuite functionality.
- Implement risk-based control framework.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- B.A. in Accounting and an active CPA is required.
- Over 10 years of progressive accounting experience, including prior experience in a Controllership role.
- Combination of public and private accounting experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience in a high-volume transaction company is preferred.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Free in-office monthly massages
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Paid gym membership
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountains