Controller at ThrivePass
ThrivePass' purpose is to partner with organizations to create personalized and meaningful employee experiences.
We value our employees, their contributions and strongly believe in employee development. Everything we do is tied to our CARE values, being: Courageous, Authentic, Resourceful and Excellent. Performance at ThrivePass is measured by embodiment of our CARE values and the accomplishment of quarterly Big 3 goals.
About the position.
The Controller manages and oversees the monthly financial reporting process, including consolidation and financial statement preparation; technical accounting research and memo preparation; ad hoc requests from management and other special projects including merger and acquisition evaluation and post-merger accounting integrations. They directly manage the Accountant and report to the CEO.
The Controller is responsible for implementing accounting and control processes following US GAAP, and ThrivePass policies and procedures to meet objectives. This role will serve as a key resource for best practices in accounting and financial reporting, and a thorough understanding of the entire organization is vital to facilitate the numerous cross-functional requirements of this position.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for multiple business units accurately and timely
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Prepare the annual financial statements, including statement of cash flows, and accompanying footnotes and disclosures as well as coordinate the review process with external auditors, including prepared by client (PBC) requests
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with the ThrivePass' policies and procedures
- Review, identify and implement process improvements for increased efficiencies and margins
- Review the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, primarily inter-company accounts and client operational accounts
- Own the monthly balance sheet review process and manage the timely resolution of discrepancies
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of the annual audit and tax preparation
- Assist with M&A activities, including purchase price accounting, and integration of newly acquired companies
- High level of communication and collaboration with peers, leadership team, investors and Board of Directors, and other areas of the business
- Participate in and support strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6+ years of progressive accounting and reporting experience
- Leadership and mentoring skills to build high performance team
- Experience with consolidation and preparation of financial statements, including statement of cash flows, and accompanying footnotes and disclosures
- Exceptional knowledge of US GAAP through demonstrated work experience
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and variance analysis
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills in order to meet deadlines as well as strong attention to detail and ability to see the big picture and direct projects
- Strong decision-making skills including the ability to extrapolate from written procedures and policies
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills: determine and recommend appropriate actions
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with the Microsoft Suite
- Prior experience working with accounting systems (Sage, Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online, preferred)
- Leadership skills including mentoring and team building
- Professional integrity, accountability, and exemplary adherence to the ThrivePass values of Courageousness, Authenticity, Resourcefulness and Excellence.
- Work in fast-paced collaborative environment
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures with medical, FSA, HSA and COBRA as well as HIPAA
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- Supervisory experience