Compliance Specialist, Robinhood Securities at Robinhood
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role
We are looking for a Compliance Specialist to join our Compliance team at Robinhood. The successful candidate is one who loves working across many stakeholders to design and implement solutions for complex compliance challenges. This role will be responsible for owning compliance-related, high impact matters that involve internal, cross-functional teams as well as developing an open and transparent relationship with our external regulators.
We expect this person to bring his/her personal area of subject matter expertise to provide leadership, culture of compliance and a bias towards action while driving multiple initiatives. This position will be located in our Lake Mary, FL or Denver, CO office.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Investigating, analyzing, reporting on and resolving escalated compliance issues from product, support and operations teams
- Supporting and contributing to Robinhood Securities’ regulatory inquiries, internal and external examinations, audits and customer complaints
- Drive compliance-related projects by collaborating with internal and external parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate each stakeholder’s involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks
- Review and improve internal control and governance frameworks across different business areas
- Implement and sustain measures to monitor and address and regulatory change
- Identify issues and patterns while proposing and producing remediation initiatives
- Partner with internal stakeholders to update and ensure the accuracy of regulatory documentation, procedures, operational workflows, risk assessments, and regulatory correspondence to ensure they meet the high standards set by the team
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as proposed by providing detailed analysis and compliance support
- Integrating as a trusted support partner for operations, product, engineering, FINOP, communications, customer experience, legal and risk
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years working in compliance or a relevant function
- Confident in understanding multiple business drivers and the root causes of trends
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- General understanding of brokerage operation and compliance functions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- FINRA Series 7 or 24
- Experience with FINRA Rules 3120 and 3130 annual assessments
- Experience with BCP readiness and testing
- Knowledge of trading compliance, trade reporting, options trading, clearing FINOP functions, settlement, customer protection reserves, custody of securities and operations
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.