Compliance Monitoring and Testing Program Specialist at Robinhood
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
The Compliance Testing function acts as a key line of defense and helps ensure the effectiveness of all Robinhood’s compliance programs, as well adherence to associated policies and fulfillment of applicable regulatory requirements. This role is responsible for supporting the second-line Compliance Testing Function at Robinhood. The Program Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the testing calendar, engaging first- and second-line business units to coordinate testing, and supervising all aspects of compliance monitoring and testing.
We expect this person to bring his/her personal area of subject matter expertise to provide leadership, culture of compliance and a bias towards action while driving multiple initiatives. This position will be located in our Lake Mary, FL or Denver, CO office.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Further develop and implement the second-line compliance testing program at Robinhood by working closely with cross-functional leaders
- Plan and support execution of the firm’s second line of defense control testing program of the Supervisory System, Internal Controls over Compliance, Financial Crimes, AML, Sanctions, Information Security and other brokerage compliance processes
- Design and assign transactional testing and field work to validate the efficacy of internal controls
- Identify compliance risks inherent in a business process or supervisory control and assess whether the control framework is effectively managing known risks
- Synthesize and structure compliance testing data to create meaningful insights and management reporting, through the use of data analytics and visualization tools
- Draft reports encompassing the review results that clearly articulate the issues noted and remedial actions to be taken
- Organize and prepare management information relating to testing reviews completed, issues identified, outstanding corrective action plans, and progress against plan(s)
- Coordinate with testing associates, analysts and support partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 3+ years working at a broker-dealer or other financial institution in regulatory compliance, compliance testing, audit or controls testing
- Familiarity with regulations relevant to brokerage back-office clearing functions such as: cashiering, securities processing, settlements, securities lending, Regulation T and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Experience with FINRA Rules 3120 and 3130 annual assessments
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and process improvements, including gap identification and root-cause analysis capabilities
- Motivation to be a self-starter with ability to work independently
- Great communication and relationship management skills
- Passed the SIE or hold FINRA Series license(s) and/or FINOP experience
- Advanced degree
- Familiarity with Bank Secrecy Act, PATRIOT ACT, sanctions regulations, KYC requirements, or fraud requirements
- Experience working with DTCC, OCC as well as FINRA and SEC regulators
- Experience completing a ROOR exam
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.