Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
Robinhood Financial (“RHF”) is Robinhood’s retail broker/dealer, and the Regulatory inquiries team within RHF Compliance focuses on fostering positive relationships with our regulators, and serves as their primary point of contact for broker/dealer regulatory matters related to RHF’s business. The team is responsible for coordinating, managing and responding to inquiries and examinations, tracking and analyzing exam requests to identify trends that may pose a regulatory concern, and partnering with internal teams in an advisory capacity to provide regulatory guidance on product-related and operational matters.
As a Compliance Associate on the Regulatory Inquiries team, you’ll be responsible for handling cause and cycle examinations from regulatory agencies, managing the inquiry/exam response lifecycle, drafting responses, recognizing and analyzing trends to identify and mitigate areas of compliance risk, and collaborating with stakeholders to ensure corrective actions are fully implemented.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- End-to-end management of regulatory inquiries, as well as cause and cycle examinations
- Writing responses addressing requests
- Analyze exam requests and findings to identify trends and new risk areas, and provide recommendations to help improve compliance
- Research and interpret rules and regulations to determine applicability to business processes
- Collaborating with legal, business and technology partners
- Act as the compliance subject matter expert and provide regulatory guidance on business initiatives and operational processes to internal teams
- Passion for Robinhood's products and our mission to democratize finance for all
- Financial services industry experience, and specifically 5 years within the area of broker-dealer compliance
- Prior experience responding to regulatory inquiries and exams
- Comprehensive knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations, including practical applications of regulatory rules in broker-dealer operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulators to build trusted relationships
- Advanced research, writing and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with demonstrated results
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Active FINRA Series 7 license (or ability to obtain within 90 days)
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Experience managing projects interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
- Prior experience at a financial services regulator (FINRA or SEC)
- Active FINRA Series 24 or 9/10 licenses
- Certifications such as CRCP, CSCP, law degree
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.