Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Responsible for providing financial support to the Key Account Managers and the Global Beverage Commercial team.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and reports data in order to increase sales productivity.
- Collects sales information to identify trends and evaluates performance measured against sales plans and forecasts.
- Analyzes sales and assesses performance in order to provide observations and make recommendations for action plans.
- Assists management in developing and reviewing the sales targets and rolling sales forecast including sales to target variance analysis.
- Co-develops customer contribution margin and gross margin models by customer.
- Guides commercial team & Key Account Managers in analyzing Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) Data, and generates monthly customers’ reports / dashboards.
- Aligns with Corporate FP&A team to ensure the regional businesses reflect Global sales structure in systems.
- Communicates sales reporting and sales forecasting for Global Key Accounts to Senior Management.
- Analyzes results and writes reports containing respective conclusions, ideas, and general guidance.
- Generates ad hoc reporting in support of the Global Beverage Commercial team.
- Analyzes requests for proposals, coordinates response planning with the sales manager and sets a schedule for bid preparation.
- Conducts quantitative analysis including but not limited to EVA, ROI, trending, identification and assessment of opportunity and risk, forecasting, regressions, correlation, cannibalization and probability modeling.
- Communicates results to key stakeholders in order to support informed business decisions by providing in-depth analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborates with the Corporate FP&A team on the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales related data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales productivity in addition to developing standardized tools, methodologies and business processes aimed at improving customer profitability.
- Provides monthly reports to the Key Account Managers and assists the Commercial team with the preparation of Quarterly Business reviews for Key Accounts. Develops both standardized & custom reports, conducts quantitative product & sales analysis, provides support for internal, retailer & consumer promotions, and assesses future needs.
- Conducts customer profitability analysis, assists with Economic Value Add (EVA) analysis for customer investments, analyzes customer net trade working capital performance, monitors Commercial KPI’s for Key Account Customers, handles financial analysis in support of Key Account Customer bids, volume trend analysis, Ad Hoc analysis, and builds financial models and PowerPoint presentations as needed with a focus on decision support.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5-7 year(s) minimum
- Knowledge of relational databases and the ability to create stored procedures; report writing knowledge a plus
- Ability to perform complex analysis such as regression, forecasting, trend, variance, cannibalization and probability modeling
- Ability to capture and document business and reporting requirements from multiple sources
- Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests of varying size and scope
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Project
- This position is part of the Global Beverage division of Ball Corporate.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans