Collections Associate II at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
- Collects to terms— may need to elevate cash flow problems according to management reporting structure. Takes appropriate action such as credit hold; ability to work independently done with little or no guidance.
- A/R disputes—works with customer to determine reason(s) for non-payment of invoices and queries the specific invoice(s) for action by the; works on disputes that have been researched and collects outstanding balance if applicable.
- Credit—AR exposure, facilitating sales and managing risk by reviewing order release and customer master file; releasing orders as appropriate; setting limit or order release based on research; elevating to field sales and credit manager as necessary. Identify bad debt and set reserve.
- Process improvement—identify root causes, recommend and implementing solutions. Establish/update best collection practices.
- Acts as a technical specialist on certain types of transactions and provides guidance and assistance to sales and customers. Demonstrate independent thinking and work with little or no direction. May need guidance or approval on highly complex issues.
- Supports large global customers
- Strong MS Excel experience and attention to detail
- Experience with complex AR, cash applications reconciliations
- Strong written communication
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
- Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 2 year degree and 3–5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)