Cloud Finance Analyst at IHS Markit Digital
We are looking for a financial analyst to join our IT Business Operations and Planning team with responsibility for costs related to our public cloud environments. You will work closely with IT financial management, enterprise architecture, and operational and development teams to bring visibility and governance our financial investment in the public cloud. This will include actuals tracking, variance analysis, cost model updates, reserved instance and on-demand analysis, and reporting. You will also be responsible for driving cloud forecasts and reforecasts, and for providing ad hoc analyses as needed.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, self-directed, and operate with integrity, personal accountability, collaboration, and proactive thinking.
- Maintain cost models and generate financial analysis of public cloud spend.
- Analyze spend trends, opportunities for savings, and alert when costs are higher than expected.
- Drive the budget and forecast processes with various partner stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to understand variances to forecast and bring costs back in line with expectations.
- Manage cloud subscriptions and cost allocations.
- Interface with development teams to support development and enforcement of reserved instance, on-demand, and spot instance strategy and guidelines.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative analysis to highlight business risks and opportunities.
- Drive continuous process improvements in reporting, forecasting, and budgeting activities.
- Support infrastructure financial management in other ways as necessary.
- Highly skilled at financial analysis
- A working understanding of cloud computing and pricing models, including AWS, Azure, VMware Cloud, and Google Cloud. Prior experience and expertise in financial management of public cloud platforms a significant plus.
- Highly proficient in Excel
- SQL experience a plus
- Working knowledge of PowerBI a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across diverse stakeholders
- Operates with high integrity and transparency
- Ability to deliver high quality results while working in a fast-paced environment