Chief Financial Officer at Four Winds Interactive
Four Winds Interactive, a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, is currently seeking an experienced operational finance leader to join our senior leadership team as Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in partnership with the leadership team to develop strategies and act upon tactics to get achieve double digit recurring revenue growth while increasing profitability.
Reporting to the President and COO, this executive will be part of the company’s leadership team responsible for all financial functions including accounting, forecasting, capital planning, cash flow management, corporate development, tax, audit, and billing operations. The CFO is also responsible for facilitating best practices across the organization to support scaling a recurring revenue software company that also has professional services and hardware functions to support the software business.
- Ability to clearly communicate the current state of the business and define company-specific metrics that orient behavior toward value creation.
- Serve as a strategic partner and financial advisor to the President/COO, Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors, and members of the leadership team to help shape the overall direction for the company.
- Ensure full transparency and compliance over the financial performance of the company including effective internal controls to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Responsible for measurement-based financial management throughout the business to ensure accurate planning, forecasting and reporting in support of business initiatives.
- Able to identify and effectively communicate performance gaps to ensure corrective actions are understood and implemented timely to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained.
- Drive continuous improvement in areas such as expense management, financial analysis and reporting, system infrastructure and standardized business processes.
- Work closely with all functions to reduce cost and improve performance company-wide.
- Lead the annual operating plan working with the CEO, President/COO, and leadership team working collaboratively with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain responsibility for efficient and accurate billings, as well as prompt collections.
- Assess acquisition opportunities and create forecast models to support M&A activity.
- Lead the company’s global tax planning and compliance functions; liaise with external tax advisors to estimate and prepare periodic tax filings and distributions (income tax, sales tax, VAT and other filings).
- Develop the recommended capital structure of the enterprise working closely with equity and debt partners.
- Ownership of finance systems partnering with the relevant IT functions to ensure ongoing consistency of systems solutions.
- Building and managing a high-performing finance team, ensuring ongoing growth and development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required; Master’s degree and / or CPA strongly preferred.
- Background with companies that have both recurring and non-recurring revenue; extensive experience with revenue recognition in both areas.
- Software or technology background strongly preferred.
- Background with a professional services organization and supply chain to support a software company strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of increasing fiscal responsibility.
- Proven track record of success as a senior financial professional in a growth-oriented business of comparable size, growth trajectory, and scope
- Demonstrated financial discipline with an ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interpret strategic and operational business requirements, provide appropriate advice and financial planning counsel, and effectively influence.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with private equity and Board of Directors experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Growth oriented and collaborative style with all go to market teams.
- Effective partner who understands the appropriate business drivers that enable the organization to continue a rapid pace of development and scale
- Critical thinking on complex business issues with an ability to articulate viewpoints to the leadership team, Board of Directors, and Capital Partners
- Ability to make tough decisions, to change and adapt quickly, while remaining focused.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication and people skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.