Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Church Community Builder is a company with a purpose - We help churches grow disciples. We do that by creating world-class software and partnering with churches to engage people and make an impact on the world. With over 16 years in the industry, Church Community Builder is a trusted partner to over 4,000 churches and growing.
Our culture is professional with a focus on collaboration. We value teamwork and relationships that deliver results. In order to foster a close-knit team, we provide unique opportunities like staff retreats, company meals, and weekly Q&A session with the CEO. We look for people who love solving problems, love to engage in possibilities, and are hungry for results.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer will lead us forward as we grow. We are seeking someone who is passionate about the financial results of Church Community Builder, can lead and guide us through the planning and implementation of all financial, legal, accounting and business insights related activities to ensure we can fulfill our purpose of helping Churches grow disciples.
If you are tenacious and excited to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging goals, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Provide strategic financial leadership, oversight, planning, and analysis as part of the Leadership Team
- Lead the Finance Team and the Data Analytics Team to drive and build the highest levels of trust throughout the organization
- Ensure accurate and valuable reporting is available to the leadership and other teams and provide analysis in support of our mission
- Review and analyze all formal procedures and processes that impact our financial situation
- Lead annual strategic planning and budgeting process and forecasting
- Maintain and analyze forecasts of key financial results such as sales, renewals, profitability, cash flow, etc.
- Provide analysis of business strategies, initiatives, and financials and develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
- Perform risk management for the company including monitoring of industry legal issues, ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, maintain appropriate insurance coverage, and construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure the highest levels of integrity are maintained in all accounting, legal, and tax-related matters
- Ensure proper close, reporting, compliance, data governance, policies, and controls are maintained
- Develop and improve accounting and tax strategies
- Review and approve of all major contracts, policies and other legal activities
- Oversee all aspects of Business Insights and Data Management processes, technologies and architectures
- Ensure high levels of data warehousing management, design, and delivery are met and enhanced as needed
- Analyze merger or acquisition opportunities
What you will bring:
- Experience leading the Finance function at $40M - $100M companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, and former or current CPA license desired
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Data and Analytics or equivalent business experience required
- A management style that exhibits collaboration, high energy, strategic and analytical thinking, direct communication and a results orientation
- Fifteen years of related experience in progressively higher levels of responsibility in large areas of operations, preferably in a SAAS organization, including leading and managing projects
- Experience growing and scaling a business
- Five years of experience building and maintaining BI applications, data management processes and data integration platforms preferred
- Experience in partnering with an executive team with high levels of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Strong knowledge of federal and state laws, GAAP, GDPR and tax law required
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality skills required
- Experience with CRM platforms and Customer data management a strong plus
What you will get:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Vision and Dental insurance
- Generous 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Company-paid staff retreats
- In-house workout facility
- Twice a month All Staff breakfasts or lunches
- James 1:27 - up to 5 consecutive paid days to serve widows, orphans or vulnerable single-parent homes
Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the associate is regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend, and move about the facility. The facility is a normal office environment with a variation of temperature and lighting.