Cash Application Senior Coordinator at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for handling bank statements, customer payments preparing journals and working across multiple entities and currencies. They will work closely with the Accounts Receivable team to ensure customer account balances are accurate, reconciling any discrepancies.
- Process cash receipts for assigned entities
- Complete Research Projects assigned by Manager
- Assist in the reconciliation of intercompany transactions
- Respond to inquiries through telephone or email queue regarding remittance advice
- Download multiple bank statements
- Enter customer payments into Oracle
- Apply payments to customer invoices
- Prepare journals to enter transactions resulting from payments; checks, ACH, wires, credit cards, etc.
- Manage the cash application function with the goal of applying and posting all-cash each month
- Work across multiple entities and currencies within Oracle
- Work with the A/R team regarding customer account balances
- Research billing account information
- Reconcile customer accounts, move payments, credits and adjustments across accounts as required
- Research all items in Unapplied Cash account and keep the balance as small as possible
- Ability to perform detailed error-free repetitive work is required
- Involve and work with other departments as necessary to resolve any customer issues
- Minimum 2-3 years of direct experience with high volume/high dollar cash applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle and Salesforce a plus
- Accounting experience preferred
- CO pay range: $21.63-$23.50/hour
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.