Capital Markets Senior Associate
We have many exciting opportunities here at Wunder for talented, motivated force-multipliers to join our fast-growing team and create a lot of value -- even if they don't have a background in renewables or experience performing the exact role for which they're brought on. This role, however, is different in that you need to have either:
Experience raising capital (ideally both Tax Equity and Debt) for renewable energy projects at one of the leading installers or developers; or,
Experience investing in Tax Equity / Debt products or facilitating similar transactions at a bank, advisory shop, or large corporate (e.g., supply-side).
If you meet one of those two requirements, then great news! We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, thoughtful, detail-oriented and personable capital formations professional to join our fast-growing startup. Like the rest of us, this person will wear many hats; you will work closely with our founders, partners, customers, and investors. Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve problems and push renewable energy forward. Specifically, you will be charged with supporting our capital formations efforts, developing a best-in-class experience for institutional investors. Your day-to-day will include everything from managing relationships to modeling out financial scenarios, preparing presentations, and administering existing investments. To save the world, it's going to take the world, and in this role, you'll be on the front-lines of our renewable energy revolution, doing a bit of everything.
If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, building a personal platform in renewable energy, joining an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, then this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation - You have 2+ years of renewable energy finance experience at an investment bank or solar developer, working to raise, structure, and deploy debt and/or Tax Equity.
- A No-Task-Is-Too-Small Attitude - Wunder is a small, scrappy financial technology company, but we close big deals and make a big impact. A lot needs to get done in the process, and there's no room for ego here.
- You Love Process and are Obsessed with Details - The integrity of our data is a core value here at Wunder, and you’ll sit between it and our investor base. As such, your attention to detail must be impeccable.
- You Can Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk - Your comfortable with financial concepts and can speak eloquently about them. You can also jump into excel, throw together a presentation, or conduct thorough market research.
- Superior Written and Oral Communication Skills
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross- functionally, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and having late-night dinner parties all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
Our employees enjoy full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- • One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- • A big, bright, convenient, and funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- • Flexible work schedule and availability to work from Denver
- • Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- • Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- • Unlimited PTO and equity