Capital Accounting Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
We are seeking a Hands-On Capital Accounting Manager with experience in managing a team of 5-7 employees in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and GAAP knowledge of Capitalization rules, Project Accounting and Fixed Assets to join our busy and growing finance department.
- Monthly Reconciliations of accounts related to capital reporting
- Management of Construction Service Projects and COGS accruals
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close as it related to Capital reporting
- Review of Capital Accounting team’s work to ensure accuracy and compliance of SOX controls and established company policies
- Develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals
- Supervising the Capital Accounting team including assisting in professional development and cultivating a positive team environment.
- Assist in Quarter/Year-End Audit schedules and requests
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years relevant accounting experience showing progressive growth in related accounting role
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Management experience (team of 5+ employees)
- Experience in Project Accounting, Fixed Assets and WIP (Work in Progress) desired
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills required
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions. Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are required
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively; must be able to multi-task and have high energy with a strong work ethic
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry a plus
- Experience with Oracle financial systems or SalesForce.com a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.