Business Unit Manager - FP&A at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Business Unit Manager – FP&A
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) strategic business partner with the Civil Space Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a strategic business partner with the SBU and VP in long-range strategic and operating plans, financial forecasts, and performance analysis.
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial forecasts, budgets and rates in all aspects aligned with policies, processes, tools, and instructions.
- May support business tool selections, revisions, and implementation.
- Economic Value Added (EVA) analysis and decision support.
- Ensure that operations are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with best practices.
- Manage the implementation of new or existing policies and procedures.
- Support SBU requests and special projects.
- Resolve business problems with management or customer representatives.
- Provide guidance to managers, department personnel, and other employees regarding performance measurement and governmental regulations compliance.
- Support the development and audit of the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP).
- Understand indirect activity and allocation methods.
- Support disclosure statement updates and cost impact assessments.
- Supervise and manage assigned staff in accordance with Company policies as well as hires appropriate staff.
- Develop and maintain goal development and execution in alignment with Finance, SBU and Company goals.
- Create succession plans.
- Complete performance reviews for all assigned personnel.
- Develop, support, and promote finance training.
- Develop and maintain department budget.
- Inspire self and others, make lasting connections and achieve results within a team environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- US Government contracting experience with FAR and CAS understanding preferred.
- Understanding of business and program requirements with performance implications on the financial aspects of the business.
- Finance leadership with the management skills to set direction, create goals in alignment with business requirements and timelines, prioritizing operational and project tasks, and enforcing accountability.
- Must have demonstrated ability to identify talent, providing sufficient autonomy and accountability, while building a highly functioning Team.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills that result in effective decision making and priority setting.
- Drive for results and execution excellence, using strong financial and business management skills.
- Team building and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable operating at a fast pace.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Preferred tool knowledge:
- Workday Adaptative Planning / budget and rates tools
- Ball Aerospace Resource Tool (BART)
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Business Objects
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.