Business Unit Controller
Trimble is hiring a Business Unit Controller in Westminster, CO.
Trimble Inc. (www.trimble.com ) a public company focused on positioning, laser, optical and inertial technologies as well as buildings and infrastructure hardware, software and services is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
A key business area within Trimble is Trimble Buildings which focuses on developing 3D technologies that support the lifecycle of a construction project from design, engineering, construction through to operation (of a building). A key division within this business area is the MEP Division, a division focused on providing leading software, hardware and professional services solutions to building contractors.
We are looking for a smart, hard-working Business Unit Controller to join the MEP management team as finance leader in the MEP division. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working at a senior level but will also be willing to roll up their sleeves and work at many levels when needed. The MEP division has full P&L responsibility.
- Be a strong business partner to the divisional management team in particular being a trusted advisor to the General Manager
- Participate in and support all financial aspects of the division’s strategy and long range planning process
- Ensure Integrity of the Divisions financial statements
- Understand and communicate Divisions financial results and trends to division management team and Corporate Finance with recommendations on the appropriate course of action when results differ from plan.
- Conduct analyses and develop insights that improve decision making within the division management team.
- Oversee revenue / deferred revenue recognition process ensuring compliance with US GAAP and internal Trimble policies and controls (including having a solid understanding of ASC 606)
- Ensure ongoing divisional compliance with Trimble’s controls related to SOX (Sarbanes Oxley).
- Lead the division’s global finance team by providing clear direction, delegating tasks where appropriate and providing opportunities for the staff to grow and develop
- Develop monthly and quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets for submission to Corporate Finance.
- Ensure all purchasing and hiring decisions are approved in accordance with Trimble policies and procedures
- Work closely with key constituents in the direct and channel sales process ensuring business terms that are financially in line with divisional and corporate goals while remaining compliant with revenue recognition policies
- On an as-needed-basis lead customer, vendor and partner negotiations to contract completion
- Develop formal and ad hoc reports that are required by division management in running the business.
- Bachelor level Degree in business, finance and/or accounting, CPA or MBA beneficial
- 4+ years of experience in a software business of $50M or greater revenue as either Division Controller, Director of Finance or small company Finance Director/VP Finance
- Ability to communicate across business functions and divisions
- Presentation skills at the executive management level
- Strong leadership characteristics
- Possess working knowledge of new business systems requirements and implementation methodologies (CRM and ERP)
- Must have strong experience in reporting requirements, consolidations (domestic and international subsidiaries), GAAP and is well versed in current accounting issues/ trends.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D