Business Systems Analyst Senior - Must have Systematics background at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team
Application Change Control is engaged in managing mainframe environments for many of our hosted institutions. The team controls and applies updates to FIS software, provides environment management and provisioning services, testing support, and client testing coordination for these client environments.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be working alongside senior team members to manage onboarding new clients to the environment. You will work with implementation managers and operational staff to meet environment requirements in tight timelines. You’ll have the opportunity to apply technical problem-solving skills and drive innovation and improvement into the onboarding and client environment servicing processes.
- Represent your team in project meetings, capturing action items and ensuring they are assigned correctly and completed
- Monitor inbound software change records for a given client or environment and ensure those changes address the intended issue
- Provide status reporting as appropriate
- Coordinate test cycles for multiple clients and test regions
- Create Change tickets for other infrastructure groups, track to completion
- Create and assign tasks in workflow tool (JIRA) to capture and track action items to completion.
- Review and validate action items in the JIRA tool that may trigger updates to additional environments
- Create, maintain procedure documentation
What you bring:
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Project Management or Senior Business Systems Analyst skills
- Experience with Systematics product set
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks simultaneously
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Systematics implementation projects or conversions
- Systematics interface experience (file transmissions, real-time interfaces for external systems)
- ZEKE/ZEBB, RACF, CICS technical experience
What we offer you
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.