Business Systems Analyst, Finance at Brilliant Earth
Business Systems Analyst, Finance – Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect, and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings, and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
Brilliant Earth is hiring a hands-on Business Systems Analyst to manage a variety of functions within Netsuite, our ERP system, for the Finance team. The ideal candidate will have a forward thinking approach to automating and building processes for scalability and growth. This role will also be accountable for developing a wide range of quantitative analyses, and to actively use these analyses to drive business decisions at Brilliant Earth.
As the Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for a wide range of projects, including creating workflows and customizing reports, searches and forms. You will also write requirements and communicate directly with our Netsuite IT developers for scripts and overall automation. You will drive and QA automation projects to streamline our operational processes and be responsible for the continuous improvement within our various departments. You should be proactive, innovative and have the ability to identify areas for process improvement and offer solutions to enhance procedural efficiencies.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the scope, schedule, and implementation of scripting projects and workflows.
- Provide detailed project requirements to third party developers and guide implementation.
- Quality assurance and testing of requirements to ensure smooth implementation.
- Accurately generate and customize complex searches, reports and forms.
- Act as technical liaison for the Finance and Accounting teams
- Work with Finance and ERP teams to ensure accounting controls are being used companywide
- Manage and resolve ERP system bugs with third party developers.
- Develop Excel analyses to evaluate business metrics
- Develop KPIs, dashboards and metrics to measure success and productivity across functions
- Support the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures to improve business processes and timeliness / accuracy of reported metrics
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to continually improve quality of analyses and metrics
- BA degree or equivalent
- Intermediate experience with ERP systems, NetSuite preferred
- Knowledge of how scripts work, but no coding required
- Advanced Excel experience, including pivot tables, advanced formula functions and construction of sophisticated financial or planning analyses
- Ability to distill and concisely communicate key business insights from complex analyses
- Understanding of finance, inventory valuation, accounting controls, and auditing procedures
- General understanding of GAAP
- Quantitative analysis / inventory background in a retail, product or e-commerce company preferred
- Ability to handle long-term projects and urgent tasks seamlessly
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Experience working with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Domo or Looker preferred
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $60-75K. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.