Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
nature of position
The BI Analyst/Developer will understand and translate business data and information needs into requirements. Using those requirements, they will recommend options and create Tableau dashboards to visualize data and metrics that provide business insight and aid in decision-making. This individual is responsible for developing representations of key performance indicators, standard and executive reporting, multi-layered analysis, and ad hoc reporting. This person will respond to information requests from CHFA executives and others that will require advanced analytics that should provide significant business insight.
- Lead requirements sessions to determine the need for reports, analytics, and dashboards, and communicate the outcome to support business process improvements as needed
- Document requirements for key performance indicators, reports, and dashboards
- Plan and secure acceptance test sign-off from the business
- Serve as a relevant resource for CHFA employees, with a focus on helping individuals to find information to help with their work efforts
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish agreed-upon business terms and definitions
- Analyze business information requirements and respond to information requests
- Create easily consumable information presented in a clear, visual manner
- Design, develop, and deliver Tableau dashboards, workbooks, and visualizations providing Business Intelligence solutions for the entire CHFA organization.
- Create BI dashboards for strategic measures and projects and related financial information as well as corporate and divisional KPIs.
- Understand technical data sources, data structures, data quality, and necessary transformations to aggregate, enrich, validate, and publish data.
- Test and validate the accuracy of data in reports, analytics, and dashboards.
- Participate in CHFA’s data governance efforts
- Contribute toward the accomplishment of BI Team projects, including the facilitation of BI training sessions and the development of training materials
- Work with other members of CHFA’s BI team with high-level direction from the IT Director.
- Participate and contribute in all activities and/or projects that directly support CHFA in fulfilling its mission and achieving its vision through dedication to the community in which CHFA serves, operational excellence, and fiscal responsibility.
Other duties as assigned.
knowledge, skills, and ability
- Understanding of business processes and the ability to understand IT systems and data management and reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehousing concepts and practices.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong SQL query skills
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills.
- Strong ability to work both independently as well as within a team. Willingness to learn from others and be self-motivated to expand knowledge every day.
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Ability to continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated strong and positive interpersonal skills. Able to interact well with individuals from all disciplines and levels.
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
- Abilities that reflect our values:
- Ability to continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills, while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes
- Ability to work towards inclusion in all activities, and decisions through the solicitation and appreciation of diverse perspectives.
- Ability to exercise personal accountability in all activities and decisions.
- Ability to embrace a culture of operational excellence to ensure processes are continually evaluated and improved as necessary.
- Ability to operate with a sense of integrity
- Ability to have fun with a demonstrated sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Intelligence or another related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 2-4 years of experience developing BI solutions (dashboards, reporting, visualizations and data) using Tableau
- 3+ years of experience with gathering requirements from business partners.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft Teams and Planner for project collaboration
- Knowledge of the housing authority business and/or experience in the mortgage/public finance arena preferred
Telephone, personal computer; printer; photocopy and fax machine.
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position in a hybrid environment. Must have sight and the ability to use a computer, with or without assisting devices.
$80,000 - $104,000, plus an annual bonus
how to apply
External candidates: Please submit your resume online at www.chfainfo.com/careers - Job Opportunities Tab
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or another protected status. Requests for a reasonable accommodation or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, CHFA 1981 Blake Street, Denver co 80202, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.