Billing Specialist Tier II at Pie Insurance (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Pie's mission is to empower small businesses to thrive by making commercial insurance affordable and as easy as pie. We leverage technology to transform how small businesses buy and experience commercial insurance.
Like our small business customers, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs who are driven by core values and operating principles that guide every decision we make.
This is a mid-level billing role responsible for working with small business customers, agency partners and internal business partners to complete mid-level technical billing inquiries and requests. This role requires strong customer service skills to provide the best experience for Pie customers and partners.
How You’ll Do It
- Provide responsive, timely, and relevant service to customers and partners
- Handles Tier II phone, email, and platform-based communication with customers and cross-functional partners to provide excellent customer service
- Monitor and maintain service level agreements, while remaining compliant with federal and state regulations.
- Consistently meet production goals related to Billing Tier 2 work.
- Successfully interact with and resolve complex issues for small business owners and partners in all channels
- Build relationships with Agency partners and internal team members to provide accurate and consistent communication with customers.
- Seek and provide resolution to billing issues while also anticipating ways to prevent future issues.
- Voices the customer’s needs and advocates for the customer and their perspective
- Participate in ongoing training and provide some on-boarding for peers
- Maintains knowledge and familiarity with billing policies and procedures through ongoing training.
- Complete other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Supports the onboarding and training of Pie's newest Tier 1 hires including shadow sessions.
The Right Stuff
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's Degree or college coursework preferred.
- 2 years of Financial Services, Collections, or Banking experience.
- 1+ year of Customer service experience in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- 1+ year of familiarity with Pie's internal system standards and processes is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills: able to clearly and professionally communicate with customers both verbally and in written form. Develop strong and lasting relations by presenting own views in a direct and open manner, share feedback with peers, as well as, give the benefit of the doubt.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to identify and develop sound processes and workflows within the team. Ability to apply creativity and challenge the status quo.
- Self-directed, pro-active and takes initiative. Advanced knowledge about work products and able to complete requests with advanced speed, accuracy, and consistency - reducing handoffs wherever possible.
- Ability to work in a team environment, develop and sustain collaborative working relationships. Ability to consider the needs of stakeholders and fully commit to a decision made. Ability to work with others on team projects in a productive fashion to accomplish team goals.
- G-Suite Tools, Salesforce, Payment Processing Systems, Collaboration tools (Slack is preferred)
Base Compensation Range
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Announces $315 Million Series D Round of Funding
Built In honors Pie in its 2023 Best Places to Work Awards
Pie Insurance Named a Leading Place to Work in Colorado