The Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist works with the Accounting Team to invoice clients and collect accounts receivable. This role requires a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, and an ability to prioritize and multitask. The AR & Billing Specialist will need to maintain positive relationships with clients while billing & collecting. This role will be supporting our Enterprise division. This team is primarily focused on new projects, billing, and collection. The AR Specialist is not a management position.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Assisting in fielding and triaging incoming phone calls and emails for the Accounting Department – includes supporting customers by processing payments and researching billing inquiries.
- Providing help posting incoming cash daily.
- Oversee billing and A/R for an assigned pipeline of customers, handling all verbal and written communication directly with the customers.
- Researching and analyzing accounts prior to initiating contact, examine historical data, evaluate past collection efforts & billing practices.
- Submitting customer requests to cancel services for review/retention efforts.
- Creating renewal quotes for customers.
- Handling invoices that need to be physically mailed.
- Reviewing accounts and transactions for accuracy.
- Working with Project Managers and Sales Reps to clarify billing requirements.
- Communicate regularly with the client to ensure that invoicing requirements are met & there are no outstanding issues.
- Determine most effective and economical means of collection for each account; apply standard due diligence practices to collect monies owed; compose correspondence requiring knowledge of procedures and practices in collections.
- Maintain files on all accounts, documenting special needs and processes.
- Manage multiple systems to understand full account history & accurately bill and collect.
- Recommend accounts to be turned over to collection agencies or for litigation; prepares report of historical data to substantiate action to be taken.
- Troubleshoot systems related issues when they arise, present to managers and Business Intelligence.
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with clients regardless of current project status.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Requirements for Success:
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to conduct a large volume of phone calls as well as written communication
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills required
- Intermediate Excel
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles a plus
- Strong computer skills, comfortable working in cloud systems for a full workday
Helpful for Success:
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience with NetSuite OpenAir
- Collections experience a plus
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation Range: $17/HR - $20/HR
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you: