CircleCI is looking for an experienced Billing and Collections Manager with a track record of building outstanding billing and collections teams. This role will be both customer facing and highly cross-functional.
In this role, you will become the Company’s first Billing and Collections Manager and will lead the billing and collection functions. You will be tasked with growing and scaling these functions through system enhancements and through growing the team. You will develop and implement a customer credit policy, assist with automating customer invoicing, and build out a team to support day-to-day collections and billing.
You'll be a critical member of the accounting team and have the ability to make an impact on setting policy, automating systems and leading a star team to keep pace with the growth of the company.Responsibilities
- Develop a customer credit policy and implement a systematic process to support this policy
- Manage collections processes, working closely with the Billing and Collections Analyst, customers, and sales to resolve customer payment issues
- Help develop more automated processes around managing the Company’s accounts receivable balance
- Review customer contracts payment terms and any other billing-related terms
- Review customer invoices and billing schedules
- Monitor the Company’s outstanding accounts receivable balance and communicate updates to management
- Assess bad debt write-offs and the booking of an allowance for doubtful accounts
- Respond to external auditor requests around invoice and customer payment support and documentation
- 5 + years relevant experience
- Experience with NetSuite, Stripe, Salesforce and other financial systems
- Experience working for a fast-paced SaaS organization
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Friendly and approachable communicator
- Excellent Excel skills
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.