Billing and Collections Manager
Introducing FRONTSTEPS - the #1 software platform for HOAs, Builders, Security & Patrol Experts, Realtors, and Homeowners. We deliver technologies that simplify how people build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities, with a diverse range of products and services. We are the catalyst behind a new conversation about HOAs and Property Management Companies. The team, made up of industry leaders, will lead the change and help our customers, and their communities become safe, informed, and efficient. FRONTSTEPS was recently ranked in the top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado.
We are expanding our Denver headquarters Finance & Accounting team with the addition of a Billing and Collections Manager. As a member of this team, you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. This position requires quick thinking and decision making, a willingness to be creative and think outside the box, and an ability to fail forward. You won’t be constrained by existing practice as you are a leader who seizes opportunities to address problems and own solutions. We're looking for a talented, self-motivated, flexible, team-player who has the drive to take initiative and deliver results.
This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the AR department. The Billing & Collections Manager works directly with Customers, as well as Sales, Fulfillment, Customer Success, and other departments within FRONTSTEPS. Join the FRONTSTEPS team if you are looking for a dynamic environment, a company you can grow with, and a culture that balances the energy of a startup with the leadership and maturity of an established company.
- Supervise Billing, AR and Collections staff.
- Develop and Implement Credit Policies.
- Ensure the proper sales/use tax is being billed to customers and remitted to the appropriate tax authorities.
- Assist in resolving customer discrepancies and short payments.
- Perform collections for complex and sensitive customer accounts, negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers, identify accounts requiring legal action or bad debt write off, and work with outside Collection Agencies on an as needed basis.
- Ensure all processes are scalable and efficient, drive continuous improvements, streamlines and automates processes.
- Oversee receivables accounting policies and procedures to ensure that all business and customer transactions are executed and documented in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant billing, cash application, accounts receivable and collections experience, with preference in monthly and quarterly recurring billing cycles.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- Experience in working with high-volume transactions.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate and energize direct reports, including tenured staff.
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and driving organizational change.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy.
- Ability to perform as a strong team player and coach.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in SaaS Environment.
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite.
- Credit risk management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Management or a related degree.