Billing Analyst at IntelePeer
As a key member of our Finance Team, the Billing Analyst will be responsible for billing and customer activation operations as well as key monthly recurring assignments. This candidate will work closely with internal team members to ensure the setup of customer accounts are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Other responsibilities include maintaining/updating customer price tables to align with customer quotes. The Billing Analyst will also help streamline processes as the Company continues to grow. We are looking for someone who has strong skills with large data sets, flexible, adaptable to change, and has a mindset and determination to improve processes and procedures.
The position and skillsets required for the successful candidate are described below and provide further insight into this important role.
- Generate 2,500 monthly invoices sourced from multiple data sources and perform numerous validation steps throughout the process at a high level of accuracy.
- Support the management of customer maintenance including creating/managing customer profiles, uploading price updates to numerous systems, and creating and posting invoices.
- Become a key point of contact with Sales, Account Management, Legal, and Implementation teams about customer matters such as billing/rating inquiries, invoicing, product delivery, and Early Termination Liabilities.
- Review and/or develop audit reports to assist in identifying billing discrepancies.
- Attain a working knowledge of current and new billing systems and products
- Track, evaluate, and provide guidance on customer invoice disputes
- Assist in month-end close processes related to Revenue Reporting
- Assist the enabling systems to support new product releases
- Partner with Collections team to further improve our customer aged receivables
- Willing to help and work on ad-hoc projects as necessary
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field preferred
Expertise & Experience
- 3+ years of Billing/Invoicing, Order Management, and AR Operations experience desired
- Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or Telecom experience is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally with customers
- The high degree of computer literacy; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – with an emphasis on Access and Excel. Must know Pivot Tables, Vlookups, and a solid understanding of Excel formulas.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and implement process changes.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, SAP by Design, and Zuora is a plus
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrate the ability to remain flexible and change priorities as needed.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills for data mining (with high volume transactions)
- Possess strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and the ability to balance multiple tactical, operational, and strategic tasks at once.
- Logical thinker, capable of thinking beyond current processes and the ability to assimilate new techniques