Billing Analyst at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Billing Analyst to support facilitating tens of millions of dollars in tuition and books for students across Guild’s educational marketplace.
As the Education Benefits Billing Analyst, you’ll work on a first-of-its-kind tuition payment system ensuring that our students receive their employers’ tuition benefits in an accurate and timely manner. You will be responsible for the accurate and timely facilitation of tuition payments, be a trusted first point of contact for specific tuition payment questions and help raise opportunities to improve our rapidly growing system. This role will have a meaningful impact on the business, students and our corporate and university partners given the mission-critical nature of our tuition payment flows.
As a Billing Analyst, you will:
- Support in creating tuition invoices by extracting and manipulating transactional data
- Reconcile customer and student accounts for tuition billing, including providing manual updates if needed
- Maintain tuition records and controls
- Field billing questions from internal and external stakeholders; collaborating with cross-functional team members to help answer questions
- Perform quality assurance checks on data / invoices to ensure student data and billing accuracy while identifying and finding solutions for known issues
- Perform on-going and ad-hoc analyses to support operational and strategy decisions
- Work on billing process improvements and process documentation
- Support on new corporate and university partner billing on-boarding activities
In addition to working on the Tuition Assistance Operations team (part of the overall Marketplace Operations & Payments Strategy function), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders: Annie He (Dir. of Product Operations); Jamie Masterson (Group Product Manager); and Taylor Stanek (Dir. of University Partnerships).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- College degree in Finance, Accounting, or other technical area
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a detail oriented environment with high expectation of precision
- Experiencing working with a billing / payment system (potentially in a financial or healthcare environment) that requires near perfect execution
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills; experience with SalesForce strongly preferred
- Self starter with demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, while managing multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Analytical, detailed and process oriented; ability to spot opportunities for process improvements to streamline and systematize work-flows
- Comfortable collaborating with others - both internally and externally to execute on payment facilitations
- Growth mindset; ability and willingness to learn quickly and develop new skills and abilities as the company grows
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, action oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.