SonderMind is looking bring on an additional Associate Revenue Operations Manager who will manage the billing team and day-to-day revenue operations in support of our growing network for clients and licensed therapists. In this role, you will identify and implement continuous improvement of the revenue operations process that aims to provide a positive customer experience and achieve company collection goals. This position will report directly to the Director of Revenue Operations, and will work closely with other functional areas in the department including customer success to promote the highest level of patient satisfaction. You will join a growing team that is highly supportive of one another, knowledgeable about their role, and engaged in the team’s success.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you are highly analytical with strong excel skills and previous healthcare billing experience. You have previous experience in leading a team, and mentoring others. You are proactive in addressing challenges, are solutions-oriented, and lead by example with a growth mindset.
- Within one week, meet with the core billing team, and other cross-functional teams (provider success, wellness coordinator, credentialing) to understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Within two weeks. be able to understand and become familiarized with revenue workflow and processes
- Within three weeks, be able to identify revenue operations gaps and recommend/implement processes to increase collection efforts.
- Within one month, be able to communicate directly with clients and providers answering and resolving billing/claim issues; fully transition and comfortable with managing the billing team and direct day to day operations.
- Within two months, be able to see positive revenue workflow & efficiency to achieve 98% collection rate company goal.
- Within six months, be able to work independently, manage department and team.Contribute and implement business cases to improve revenue operations processes and team efficiencies to scale with growth.
- 3+ years of leadership skills and managing a team
- 3+ years knowledge of insurance plans and contractual arrangements affecting payments
- 3+ years of direct customer service in the healthcare industry or related field
- 3+ years insurance collection experience (benefit verification, billing and collection, appeals.)
- Demonstrated accounts receivable experience
- Comfort and interest in working in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Intermediate Excel skills (vlookup and pivot tables)
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated success in revenue-cycle innovation
- Experience in a start-up environment
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Salary range starting at $50,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role aligns with your professional experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.