📍 Location: Currently remote until June 2021
- Peaksware/TrainingPeaks employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote onboarding to the best of our ability.
We are musicians, athletes, coaches, and teachers who truly believe in our mission to help people achieve their best. Our software platforms connect performers, instructors, and creators enabling them to publish, teach, and train using the principles of deliberate practice.
You may know us as TrainingPeaks, MakeMusic, TrainHeroic, and Alfred Music. All these brands are under the Peaksware umbrella. TrainingPeaks develops software for coaches and athletes to track, analyze, and plan endurance training. TrainHeroic develops software solutions for the strength and conditioning needs of coaches and athletes. MakeMusic develops software to transform how music is composed, taught, learned, and performed. Alfred Music creates and publishes educational music to help teachers, students, professionals, and hobbyists experience the joy of making music.
Peaksware has been featured in BuiltInColorado’s Top 100 Companies list since 2017 and our brands have been recognized in Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” multiple years in a row. Peaksware has also been honored as a part of Mogul’s “Top 1,000 Companies for Millennial Women Worldwide”. We are proud of our company culture and of consistently being recognized, both locally and nationally, as a top workplace.
We would love to have you join our ever-growing team!
As Assistant Controller, you will:
- Oversee and ensure timeliness of month-end accounting close process
- Assists the Controller in managing the accounting function and ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all financial information
- Assists in overseeing accounting activities including, but not limited to, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, financials, general ledger, fixed assets, sales and use tax, etc.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of all monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Develop and mentor staff
- Drive process improvement and efficiency in all accounting and close functions
- Respond first to high-level accounting questions
- Provide supporting documentation for income tax calculations and returns
- Assists with the annual audit
- Leads system implementations to streamline accounting functions, new initiatives, including integration of other companies into NetSuite.
- Reviews transactions, account balances, and financial reports for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Provide technical accounting advice
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA with 3-5 years of public accounting experience
- 7+ years experience in progressively responsible accounting roles
- Technical accounting knowledge & proficiency; solid understanding of GAAP
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and accounting software programs; NetSuite is a plus
- 2-3 years of proven leadership experience with direct supervision of staff and the ability to motivate a team to produce quality work within tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Ability to participate in and facilitate meetings
- Experience with international subsidiaries and consolidation
- Team oriented, with the ability to effectively communicate between all levels and departments of the organization
- Intellectual curiosity; ready to roll up sleeves
- Good organizational and time management skills
Peaksware/TrainingPeaks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $72,714 - $121,189. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Access to corporate discounts on gym memberships and gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.