Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Analyst III – FP&A IR&D Projects
What You’ll Do:
- Support the FP&A functions on Independent Research & Development (IR&D) projects across the organization. Tasks are performed under the general direction of the Chief Technologist, project investigators and functional manager.
- Lead quarterly and annual forecasts including budget processes, rate development and related analysis to support Operations.
- Generate financial reporting packages across the IR&D portfolio.
- Perform baseline development and maintenance, performance management and estimate at complete development and analysis.
- Conduct variance analyses and budget revisions and maintain configuration control of budgets.
- Implement, monitor, report and analyze IR&D budget and/or schedule.
- Organize cost and/or schedule data for monthly/quarterly IR&D reviews.
- Prepare and monitor funding plans and labor forecast plans.
- Compile and analyze cost estimating data.
- Prepare ETC/EAC estimates from IR&D staff input.
- Generate cost estimates in accordance with company processes, policies, and government regulations.
- Review monthly results and provide summative analysis to management and core business partners.
- Participate in presentations and group discussions at internal and external financial/schedule meetings.
- Lead and mentor junior employees associated with IR&D projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Versatile ability to analyze data using financial tools and assess the reason for trends and root causes driving variances.
- Familiarity with BART, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations preferred, but not required.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and summarize data and make recommendations to management.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in utilizing business principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting and coordinating group initiatives in order to bring a project to completion.
- A positive attitude and willingness to take initiative.
- Solid MS Excel skills, along with other MS Office Products.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.