Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
We have a small but mighty FP&A group who is working to support our rapidly growing organization. Evolve offers the stability of a larger organization (with solid revenue and funding) coupled with all the fun of a department that is growing and developing. You will have the opportunity to bring all of your prior experience to help build out our reporting capabilities, working to optimize our usage of Cube as an FP&A tool and bring consistency to our outputs. You will also be a key player in the monthly close process, working closely with Accounting to understand variances and ensure accuracy. You’ll have the opportunity and autonomy to implement best practices, learn and grow.
What you’ll do
Evolve’s business is complex and dynamic. We have multiple customer and partner types and an expanding suite of products and services while operating in a fast-changing, high-growth industry. In an environment like this, the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function plays a critical role in helping the company forecast, plan, analyze opportunities, invest, become more efficient, and communicate with investors and third parties.
You will work closely with the Finance and Accounting teams to understand and improve processes around monthly reporting. You will own the FP&A tool (Cube) and related upload processes, which will include ensuring data consistency and accuracy between the Accounting and Finance systems. You will create and manage outputs used in both internal and external communications, including to business leaders, Board of Directors, Investors, etc.
- Manage the data load process from the current Accounting system into Cube
- Manage and optimize the data structure in Cube, working closely with Accounting during the conversion to a new ERP to ensure consistency and accuracy of data during the transition.
- Build and manage output files and reports in Excel, including financial statements and KPIs, as well as dashboard reporting using SQL in Sisense
- Assist with preparation of external reporting package, including investor updates, MD&A, and Board of Director updates
- Analyze variances and assist FP&A team in researching discrepancies to inform future forecast updates
- Participate in Monthly and Quarterly reviews with Accounting and Finance leadership
- Provide proactive suggestions and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and productivity regarding financial planning
What makes you a great fit
- 2+ years in an FP&A or Accounting role, with experience in Financial Reporting or financial modeling
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Strong Proficiency in reporting and analysis in Excel and related financial systems (Essbase, Cube, Vena, etc)
- Ability to prioritize and work independently to accomplish several goals concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- A drive to figure it out, build it, and make it better
- Experience with SQL and Python a plus
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $60,000 to $75,000, depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.