Analyst, Emerging Business Financial Planning & Analysis at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years. In addition to HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, ANGI HomeServices also has a portfolio of smaller, “emerging” home services businesses across the globe. The Finance group is adding a driven, fast paced, creative Financial Analyst to the team who will be responsible for working with Angie’s List and other our North America based emerging businesses.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
The Analyst, Emerging Business Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining reporting on financial and business metrics
- Working with internal teams to understand and explain business trends and variances in the business
- Creation and management of financial forecasts and annual plans
- Performing ad-hoc analyses across multiple business functions
- Providing information and analysis to the business to support and drive strategic decisions
- Presenting and communicating results and recommendations to leadership teams across the organization as well as subsidiaries
- Comfortable working with both on-site and remote teams across different areas of the country
This is not a "take orders' environment - you are here for your passion and input about improving HomeAdvisor's and Angie's List's business.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, engineering, physics, economics, mathematics, etc.
- 1+ years of professional experience in quantitative analysis or an advanced degree in a relevant field
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort working independently
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done.
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
- SQL experience