Actuarial Consulting Manager for FIS Prophet at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely; Annual domestic travel estimated to be no more than 30%.
About the team
Prophet has long been a market leader in actuarial modelling solutions, particularly in the life & annuity and health markets, boasting more than 10,000 users across nearly 1,000 sites in over 70 countries. It offers environments for the development and production of actuarial modelling and provides a complete solution with integrated business process management and risk analytics.
What you will be doing
- This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join our team of Professional services experts and learn about and deliver high quality Actuarial services to our Global customer base on Prophet related projects. Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. It is used by over 9,000 users, across more than 730 customer sites, in more than 65 countries, and this role provides a unique opportunity to become one of the experts in the field and gain exposure to modelling techniques used to help to model firm's financial business.
- The Actuarial Manager will be based in the USA and reporting directly to a Senior Manager / Principal in the Actuarial Professional Services team. As a Manager, you will be involved in all the following aspects of the role, with the proportion of time spent on each dependent upon the nature of projects and the mix of people in the project team. On occasions you will be expected to be the lead consultant on given US client projects, and the travel requirement on average would be around 25-30%.
The main role will be to support the Americas region Actuarial Professional Services team in all the following aspects of the role:
- Lead/Assist in the implementation of the actuarial code provided with Prophet’s liability libraries (including US360) and the Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) Library.
- Perform model reviews and deliver optimization reports based on customer models
- Design, structure and develop code during customer projects as required.
- Provide customer training to customers across the range of available Prophet training courses
- Assist in the presales support of Prophet where required
- Local onsite customer assistance where required
- Prototyping US regulatory models in Prophet
What you bring
Substantial experience (7 years +) working for an insurer or consultancy with a strong USA regulatory background for annuity & life business, with a good awareness and knowledge of USA regulation including VM21, developments for LDTI and International Financial Reporting Standards (e.g. IFRS17)
The ideal candidate would also possess a strong interest in modelling using actuarial systems, and a strong working knowledge of using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Strong knowledge of the Prophet actuarial system or demonstrable equivalent experience with another actuarial calculation projection system is very important to the role. Candidates with Prophet experience will possess a good working knowledge of the various Prophet components (including the Data Conversion System and Excel Reporting) for both deterministic and stochastic modelling, and will have created products in Prophet’s actuarial NA and/or US360 liability libraries. It would also be beneficial to have an awareness of potential performance bottlenecks and solutions when using Prophet.
Strong verbal and written English language skills, and presentation skills for a client facing role are essential.
Added bonus if you have
The candidate should ideally be qualified with the Society of Actuaries or Institute & Faculty of Actuaries exams (or equivalent) but this is not essential. Candidates who have given up on exams but meet the knowledge and experience requirements of the role will also be considered, providing they have the core actuarial exam subjects and at least some of the specialist subjects.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.