Accounts Receivable Specialist at Travelers Haven
Summary/Objective: Travelers Haven, one of the nation’s fastest growing corporate housing companies, seeks an Accounts Receivable Specialist. We are searching for a highly motivated A/R analyst to help us apply customer payments timely and accurately, work cross-functionally to resolve client issues, and collect on outstanding balances. This position will report directly to the Shared Services Manager.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have strong attention to detail while managing a large client portfolio. While working under specific timelines and guidelines, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will need to have a positive attitude and the mindset to evaluate and improve processes and procedures to benefit not only Accounting but the effect on our clients.
- Consistent diligence of collecting accounts receivable with excellent follow-up to open issues.
- Addressing and resolving all account transactions – credits, short payments, unapplied cash, etc.
- Timely and professional resolution of past due accounts.
- Accurately apply client’s payments to their accounts per the remittances received. In the event of a remittance that is not received; must be able to contact client to request further documentation.
- Reconciliation of client accounts and research account issues for timely resolution with communication to internal/external clients.
- Prepare and develop various reporting as needed for internal stakeholders.
- Special projects/duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence for desired outcome(s).
- Strong commitment to servicing internal/external clients with an emphasis on resolving client issues timely and accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and an advanced ability to problem solve independently.
- Must be able to work independently as well as follow direction from leadership.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - especially Microsoft Outlook and Excel. Ability to identify system improvements with internal accounting systems and develop case to implement.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred but not required.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Business to Business Collections with high volume accounts and large portfolios. (NO consumer collection agency experience.)
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.