Accounts Receivable Manager
The Accounts Receivable Manager is an integral member of Ibotta’s accounting team. This individual will be responsible for oversight of billing and collections processes, related reporting, cash collection forecasting, establishing controls, and assisting in automation of billing/collections. The ideal candidate has proven performance in scaling an AR department and has worked in a high growth environment implementing controls and establishing formal processes. This position will work closely with the Controller, FP&A team, and will report directly to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and maintain a consistent process for collection of money due to Ibotta.
- Assure timely collection of money due to Ibotta while meeting Ibotta’s AR Aging objectives.
- Actively coordinate collection of Ibotta’s top past due customers with the AR and Sales teams.
- Make recommendations and coordinate the process for balances that need to be handed over to our legal department or considered for write off and sent to formal collections.
- Provide weekly/daily reporting of invoicing/aging/cash receipts.
- Create cash collections forecasts by day, week and month based on expected cash receipts.
- Approve and report on credit balances owed to customers.
- Establish a bad debt reserve and update on a monthly basis. Propose suggested write-off of balances when collection is deemed improbable.
- Manage the AR team and act as a mentor to the current AR Supervisor.
- Support management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information.
- Work cross functionally with other departments to enhance our current billing/collection processes.
What we're looking for:
- BS or Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field.
- 8+ years in AR/billing/collections with 5+ in a supervisory/management role.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve processes, proactively assess problems and create solutions, and work cooperatively and collectively with team members.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively lead and influence staff across all levels, functions, and external constituencies.
- Proficient with software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including the use of VLookup Pivot Tables, and other Excel functions as well as ambition to learn internal systems. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Ability to work with limited supervision; highly self-motivated with the ability to produce creative solutions.
- Highly organized, meticulously attentive to detail, and able to set priorities.
- Anticipates and meets business demands in a fast-paced environment.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $275 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.