SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
You will make an impact through maintaining positive vendor relationships and ensuring proper spending.
Success looks like
- Ensuring timely payment to vendors and quick resolution to any vendor issues.
- Proper execution of the spending approval matrix.
- Successful month end accrual of missing vendor invoices.
What you’ll do
- Accounts payable processing: setting & maintaining approval matrix, posting invoices and credit memos
- Vendor relationships: answering vendor questions & resolving payment or invoicing issues
- Vendor accruals: assist with month end accrual process related to vendor spend
- 1099s: work closely with staff accountant to ensure proper recording of 1099 expenses and processing year end 1099s
- Assist with month end closing process as needed
What you'll bring with you
- Collaboration & Teamwork:Focus on ‘we’ over ‘me’. Team-orientated, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Effective Work Habits: Reliable and dependable, adheres to procedure, values trust and independent work.
- Productivity: Communicates effectively to ensure time is spent working on the right things in the right ways with the right people, maintaining optimal work output.
Quality of Work: Freedom from errors and mistakes and the ability to consistently meet objectives.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Immediate level Excel skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Bill.com experience preferred
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency: starting salary range is $45,000 for this role.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.