Accounts Payable Specialist at Angi
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About the role
HomeAdvisor is looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to our hard working and growing Accounts Payable team. This team is responsible for the timely and accurate processing, payment, and analysis of vendor invoices and team member expense reports. You'll also ensure that all transactions are compliant (SOX, US GAAP, IFRS), assist with resolving accounting discrepancies, and prepare month end journal entries and daily reconciliations as needed.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the accurate, timely processing and recording of high-volume payables
- Ensure that payables and paid within company and payment terms guidelines
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Prepare daily reconciliations as needed
- Track and assist in regulatory compliance, including US GAAP and IFRS regulations
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Maintains Accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls and policies
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Maintains customer and management confidence by keeping financial information confidential
- Assist in internal and external audit process
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as directed by the management
Who you are:
- 1 - 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Business degree a plus
- Understanding of and ability to apply US GAAP
- Strong analytical and Excel skills (comfortable with pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Self-motivated and curious with a strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with accounting and expense systems (NetSuite, Cherwell, Expensify, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $20-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!