Accounts Payable Processing Specialist at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Accounts Payable Processing Specialist
Prologis is looking for an AP Processing Specialist to join an established team and make an immediate impact! This role will be responsible for driving policies and procedures for AP, identifying and implementing process improvements, and jumping in to assist with entering vouchers and processing payments.
Here’s how to do that:
- Review daily invoices and identify GL coding where applicable not found via Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Reconcile cash posted for Utilities accounts provided by the bank and follow up on reconciling differences
- Review daily queries to ensure errors are getting fixed in a timely manner
- Research and Reconcile outstanding checks and report unclaimed property to appropriate states when applicable
- Monitor department inbox to ensure inquiries are getting responses in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with teammates, property managers, customers and accountants
- Other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with relevant AP experience or Bachelor’s degree in Business related field (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Outlook, Word), PeopleSoft (preferred) and adept at learning new systems
- Analytical thinker with the ability to research, problem solve, and resolve reconciling items
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Exceptionally strong communicator with the patience and persistence to effectively work with operations, accounting, and other finance departments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects in a fast-paced environment at one time along with the ability to embrace change
- Demonstrated ability to learn and then routinely apply policies and procedures without daily instruction and under general supervision
- Provide a high degree of customer service to internal customers and the field offices and be cognizant of situations to be elevated to supervisor
- Takes ownership of personal development, creates a positive team spirit and supports company/ department initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to confidently, clearly and concisely communicate issues and suggested resolutions with management and internal audiences
- Able to make decisions individually and be accountable for those decisions, but also knows when to involve management
- Conscientious and detail-oriented to produce accurate financial data with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time