Accounts Payable Analyst at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
Boom is building a world-class accounting and finance team to support its mission of restoring supersonic commercial flight. We are looking for a highly motivated Accounts Payable Analyst to join our growing team.
- Primary responsibilities will be ownership of the entire AP process - from generation of the purchase order to invoice receipt and coding, through cash disbursement to vendors.
- Key role in the month-end close process and manage various liability account reconciliations.
- You will be the go-to person in this area and in addition to working within the accounting team you will work extensively with operations and other departments across the company.
- Support critical controls within the company related expenditure approvals and cash disbursements. You will also help in other accounting areas, including ad hoc projects.
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and an understanding of how those details affect accounting records and budgets.
- Should be extremely comfortable working within the general ledger system, the PO system, and the expense management system, among others, and understand how they work together.
- Be able to provide a strong and confident voice in making recommendations within your area that will improve efficiency and accuracy and be willing to take ownership in implementing those changes.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams, particularly through a good understanding of POs, budget ownership, and expense categorization. At times, in order to complete your work, you will need to use finesse in order to make requests of employees of all levels across the organization.
- Working in a startup environment means taking on unexpected responsibilities and attempting tasks that no one in the company knows how to do.
- The successful candidate has a resourceful, can-do approach to these demands and enjoys the continuous learning curve of a startup.
- The Accounts Payable Analyst will report to the Accounting Manager and will be a member of Boom’s growing accounting and finance team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 2+ years of accounts payable experience
- Detailed understanding of the purchase order process, systems, coding, and approval hierarchy
- Strong knowledge of the company’s general ledger and appropriate coding within those accounts
- Exceptional communication skills for working across departments and with vendors
- Strong inclination to prepare for and comply with deadlines around the weekly payment cycle
- Ability to work within multiple systems including GL, PO, cost management, etc.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to be responsive and helpful, both within the company and externally
- Ability to work in a changing environment, with a desire to identify and own regular improvements
- Support the Accounting Manager and other members of the accounting department while fulfilling core responsibilities
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or aerospace business is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with cloud GL software (Xero, NetSuite, etc.) is a plus
- Salary Range for this position is $48,000-$58,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description