We are data nerds with marketing souls! Blue Moon Digital Inc. is a Digital Consultancy with a team of experts leveraging proprietary technology & data science to help clients optimize their businesses and digital marketing initiatives. Our collaborative environment and opportunities for growth make people love working here, and this year we are recognized as a top 20 “Best Place to Work” in Colorado by the Denver Business Journal! Currently we are looking for a top-notch Accounting Specialist!
This Job is For You If
- You enjoy working in a data driven, collaborative, and results-oriented environment
- You have at least an Associate degree in Accounting
- You have decent knowledge of Account Payable/Receivable and Payroll
What You’ll Do
As an Accounting Specialist at Blue Moon Digital, you will be a part of the Accounting and Finance teams. You will support the business by verifying accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other records detailing business transactions. You will be performing various accounting and reporting activities that are essential to ensure the accuracy of accounts so that important business decisions can be made.
- Review and process client invoices
- Post payments to client accounts
- Reconcile cash receipts and deposits
- Monitor client account details for non-payments and delayed payments
- Enter vendors invoices into payables
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve issues
- Audit T&E reimbursement requests
- Manage payroll process to include time and attendance, salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions among other payroll responsibilities
- Calculate and process all payroll related changes including but not limited to transfers, terminations, promotions, and changes in compensation including salary/rate and retroactive pay increases, and other pre- or post-tax deductions
- Complete and balance pay period, monthly and quarterly reports as needed to identify information stays consistently in balance
- Maintain accurate files and documentation in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
- Assist with month-end/year-end close as needed
What We’ll Love About You
- Associate’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3 years of Accounts Payable/Receivable and Payroll experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Excellent software use skills including in-depth knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), and aptitude to quickly learn new tools
- Top-notch interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software a plus
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Ability to work well in a team, to shine as an individual and to maintain a sense of humor
What You’ll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture: We focus on Achievement, Innovation, Courage, Integrity, Growth, and Teamwork. We are recognized by the Denver Business Journal for our great workplace culture!
- Health Benefits: Variety of medical options along with dental and vision benefits
- Prepare for the Future: 401(k)
- Growth: Growth is one of our company’s core values. We provide a variety of opportunities for growth!
- Rest and Relaxation: Unlimited PTO, more than 10 paid holidays
- Work/Life Balance: Blue Moon Digital encourages you to volunteer and provides health and wellness support
- Casual Workplace: Casual dress code, ping-pong table, open kitchen
- Meaningful Work: All employees have a big impact at BMDi!
- Blue Moon Digital is an employee-owned company
Blue Moon Digital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.