Accounting Manager at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Accounting Manager will perform complex financial studies through the collection, analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Manage monthly and quarterly close processes including schedules for auditors, general ledger account variance explanations, and other schedules necessary for close.
• Develop and implement projects and programs to assist in the accomplishment of established goals.
• Develop, where necessary, effective control procedures to supplement Corporate and Segment procedures.
• Identify areas for cost reduction including ensuring direct costs associated with disconnected revenue contracts are timely canceled.
• Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
• Prepare quarterly and monthly financial reports.
• Implement and work with a business intelligence tools and dashboard reports.
• Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
• Support senior management and department heads with in-depth analysis.
• Develop three statements (balance sheet, income and cash flow statements) financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance;
• 3-4 years accounting experience.
• Strong analytical, reconciliation, AP, AR, GL, and financial reporting skills.
• Strong leadership skills required. Experience in telecommunications strongly preferred.
• Experience with Oracle ERP a plus.
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to think creatively, highly-driven, and self-motivated.
• Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
Base salary range: $84,995-$92,395
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time